The Voices of the Present Echo the Voices of the Past
The following are a selection of statements made throughout history by the enemies of Israel; followed by the "the voice of the Lord" concerning Israel.The voices of the present echo the voices of the past. They speak to us from Biblical history and from the daily news. Their messages are the same: "Destroy the Jews," but the God of Israel says, "They shall live."
*Voices of the Past*
*Voices of the Present*
- Egypt: Every son that is born to the Hebrews, you shall cast into the Nile. (Exodus 1:22)
- Midian: Come, curse Jacob for me, and come, denounce Israel! (Numbers 23:7)
- Babylon: We are not guilty, for they have sinned against the Lord, their true sheepfold, the Lord, the hope of their fathers. (Jeremiah 50:7)
- Persia: Let it be decreed that they (the Jews) be destroyed. (Esther 3:9)
- Have you heard what people are saying? That the Lord chose Judah and Israel and then abandoned them! They are sneering and saying that Israel is not worthy to be counted as a nation. (Jeremiah 33:24)
- They have called you "an outcast": "It is Zion, for whom no one cares." (Jeremiah 30:17)
- They say among the peoples, "Where is their God?" (Joel 2:17)
- The Lord is not looking; and besides, the God of Jacob does not care. (Psalm 94:7)
- Behold, the house of Judah is like all the other nations. (Ezekiel 25:8)
- Your tormentors and oppressors...said to you, "Lie down and we will walk over you," and you made your backs like the ground beneath them, like a roadway for passers-by. (Isaiah 51:23)
- Now many nations are massed against you: they say, "Let her suffer outrage, let us gloat over Zion." (Micah 4:11)
- Come let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more! (Ps.83:4)
- Let us take possession for ourselves of the pastures of God. (Psalm 83:12)
- The ancient heights have become our possession. (Ezekiel 36;2)
- Thus says the Lord God: Behold I am against you, Mount Seir...because you cherished perpetual enmity...because you said, "These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will take possession of them" - although the Lord was there. (Ezekiel 35:3,5,10)
*The Voice of the Lord*
- Palestine National Covenant, 1968, Article 15;
"The liberation of Palestine, from an Arab viewpoint, is a national duty to repulse the Zionist, imperialist invasion from the great Arab homelands and to eliminate the Zionist presence from Palestine..."
- Hamas Covenant, 1988:
"There is no solution for the Palestine question except through Jihad (holy war)...Palestine is sacred Islamic property which belongs to all Muslims for ever and ever."
- International Conference to support the Islamic Revolution of Palestine. Teheran. October 1991. The 60 Islamic countries which sent 400 delegates included all the Arab League countries. Among them was Egypt with which Israel has a peace treaty.
3. "...elimination of the Zionist existence."
22. "...the need for an all-out Jihad against the Zionist regime."
These verses were gathered and arranged by Lee Hamilton; a Director and Vice-Chairperson of C.F.I.C.E.J.
- I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel, and rebuild them as they were at first. (Jeremiah 33:7)
- I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. (Ez.37:14)
- The Spirit of God says concerning the tribes of Israel: "...Blessed be everyone who blesses you, and cursed be everyone who curses you." (Numbers 24:2,9)
- "...and I will settle you after your old estates, and I will do better unto you than at your beginnings and you shall know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 36:11)